As Help a Child started its country offices, there was a need to make division of mandates between the office in Zwolle NL and the country offices. This division deals with different areas of mandates:
- Program Management
- Institutional Fundraising
- Finance and ICT
- Thematic and programmatic expertise
- External relations and legal mandate
When reading the division of mandates it is good to realize that some organizational principles play an important role:
As an organization we take the following principles very seriously:
- · Participation: as much as is practical people in the organization should participate in decision making as it enriches the quality of the decision.
- · Consultation: people who are affected by a decision should be consulted in that decision.
If we look at the highest level of our organizational objectives and mandate we see the following balance in main responsibilities:
- · Zwolle guards the promise that we have made towards our private constituency.
- · The country office guards our objective of helping the child in the best way.
Also we see that the following organizational coordination principles apply best to our organization:
- · Mutual adjustment coworkers
- · Results are agreed upon and monitored
- · The right skills and knowledge are standardized
- · Shared inspiration & goal, mission & vision
The following division of mandates should be read in the light of what has been stated above.